1.Definition of personal information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify a single person such as:
Name; mailing address; date of birth; sex; occupation; name of place of work; telephone number; fax number; e-mail address (including the one at the office).
Information that does not uniquely identify a single person, though can easily be matched with other information and identify a single person.
2.Use and provision of information to the third party
AHWI and the following entities share your personal information :
- Housing insurance companies that are members of AHWI;
- Review Board established within AHWI;
- Government or The Center for Housing Renovation and Dispute Settlement Support CHORD;
- Designated housing dispute settlement organizations (Bar Associations nationwide).
Purpose of use is to:
- Process or implement a request;
- Respond to the inquiries or comments.
When the need that somebody other than the above entity to use the personal information or that the personal information to be used for the purposes other than above arises, AHWI will contact the person explaining the purpose of the use and get advance consent.
3.Disclosure to third parties
AHWI will not provide your personal information to any third party, except where such disclosure:
- Has obtained your consent;
- Does not identify the single person;
- Is to provide personal information to b. c. d. or e. of 2-1(above)
- Is necessary for protection of the safety or property of people or the public, and it is difficult or impractical to obtain the consent of the individual;
- Is necessary for public health or healthy development of children, and it is difficult or impractical to obtain the consent of the individual;
- Is deemed to be a part of cooperation with the government or local authorities to enforce the affairs stipulated under the law, and in which seeking the consent of the individual could affect such enforcement or legal process;
- Is in accordance with or required by applicable law.
- AHWI carries out enlightenment activities in regard to appropriate handling of the personal information for its employees and designate a person responsible for proper management of your personal information.
- AHWI will safeguard the security of our website and others to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, leakage, destruction, mutilation and others.
- AHWI will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over an individual or entity with which AHWI has entrusted the handling of your personal information, and safeguard from leakage, provision of the information to another third party, disclosure, or use of the information other than the purpose of use described under 2.2 above.
5.Disclosure, correction, addition, suspension of use, deletion
- The provider is requested to claim AHWI directly if he/she wishes his/her personal information be disclosed, corrected, added, suspended or deleted.
- AHWI will review the claim without delay, and only when it is proved that the claim was made by the person who provided the information, AHWI will disclose, correct, add, suspend or delete the information unless there is a specific procedure required by law from the perspectives of protecting privacy and ensuring their accuracy and safety.
- Please contact AHWI directly if you want your personal information to be disclosed, corrected, added, deleted or suspended.
- AHWI will inform the person without delay if the requested disclosure, correction, addition, suspension or deletion has been performed or not. AHWI will try to explain the reason if the request was not accepted.
6.Scope of provision of personal information
- The scope of personal information that will be provided to the third parties described above is the all unless there is a specific request by the provider.
- The information will be provided either by paper, electric data transfer, handover of magnetic recording medium or access to the server.
- If there is a request by the provider of personal information to hold the provision of the information, AHWI will cease the provision of the requested personal information in accordance with the relevant law without delay.
- AHWI will inform the provider of the personal information without delay if the provision is ceased or not. AHWI will try to explain the reason if the request was accepted.
7.Exemption from responsibility
AHWI will not be responsible for the safeguards or handling of the personal information by other websites linked with AHWI.
8.Observance of the relevant laws and regulations
AHWI will observe the laws and regulation of Japan related to personal information.
9.Change and its notification
10.Contact for inquiries
Please contact AHWI for any inquiries:
2F Choyu Landic Bldg.
3-1-11 Shimbashi Minato-ku, Tokyo
Tel (03)3580-0236 Fax (03)3580-0332